Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sour Cream Banana Bread

First of all, I have to say, that I don't really care much for banana bread.  I don't really like banana's.  I have to be in the right mood to eat them.  My sister made this bread and asked me try it, and it was AMAZING!  I can't really taste the banana's, and it is very moist and crumbly.  It reminds me more of a pound cake!  Oh, it's so good!  This is my new recipe for banana bread!
Sour Cream Banana Bread

1 cup Margarine
1 & 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 & 1/2 cup mashed bananas
4 cups + 2 Tbsp. flour
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 & 1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup walnuts chopped (optional)

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs and beat.  Add bananas and beat.  Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl and add to the creamed mixture.  Add sour cream, beat until smooth, stir in nuts.  Pour batter into 2 large greased and floured loaf pans.   Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  To test for doneness insert a sharp knife into the center of the bread.  If it comes out clean the bread is done.

This bread is very moist and freezes well.

No comments: